Wednesday, August 5, 2009

basho's pond

It's hot, muggy and threatening to storm, but it's a glorious Wednesday! This morning I received word that hubby and I have been accepted as volunteers at the Asian Rural Institute in Japan next spring! We are ecstatic.

All of a sudden the air of my morning walk felt like Japan! It was humid with a slight breeze ruffling the leaves. I passed the flood control area. It looked like green dotted swiss with white water lilies dotting the lily pads. All along the bank frogs plopped as my feet vibrated the earth. Basho's Pond!

I've just discovered writer John O'Donohue and placed his book Benedictus on my wish list. This last verse from his poem For a New Beginning holds much meaning for me today.

Awaken your spirit to adventure;
Hold nothing back, learn to find ease in risk;
Soon you will be home in a new rhythm
For your soul senses the world that awaits you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome.