Wednesday, April 22, 2009

still standing

NH Literary Idol was a hoot! Flash fiction took many forms, including a bloggish account of a writing mom's life and a hilarious rejection letter. My picture book reading earned a respectable score of 11 out of 15. The only children's entry, Blue Ribbon Surprise accomplished my goal - to make sure NH children's literature was represented. I almost got points deducted for my duck puppet prop, though! I was happy that the poet of the panel noted my use of alliteration. Occasionally, the judges tucked a positive comment in their off-the-cuff responses. The winning presentation was a masterful short story.

Throughout Writers' Day, I learned from workshops on dialogue, plot and creating chapbooks. Best of all, I pitched my Hildegard biography to an agent! Now it's on to this weekend's NE SCBWI conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome.