Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Feathers & Trumpets, A Story of Hildegard of Bingen





 March 16th Launch

What an exciting week it is! My publisher is hosting a launch party for my book this weekend, and I'm preparing a talk. Looking back over my 13-year journey with this story has been an amazing exercise. Most writers do not write in a vacuum. In re-living each stage of my manuscript, I've come to appreciate more deeply the mentors and colleagues who have guided me to each milestone. I've paid homage to Agnes, the character who walked onto the page and changed my writing.

Appearances and opportunities are starting to line up, and I hope young readers will soon meet the young medieval girl who developed into the 12th century's strongest female voice. Though I will never achieve Hildegard's fame, I am thinking how far I have come and am enjoying my little spotlight. Thank you, Vermont College of Fine Arts for preparing me for this journey!

I hope that Saint Hildegard is smiling.

Feathers & Trumpets, A Story of Hildegard of Bingen, YA historical novel
Apprentice Shop Books, March 16, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome.