Wednesday, August 26, 2009

grace at work

This week I’m thinking about process again. Or rather, process hit me over the head. I wrote a poem after three signs I saw rubbed against each other in my subconscious for a few weeks.

Grace Street – One Way reads a sign in Rockland, Maine. Beautiful! Had to take a photo. The Self Storage sign in Oakland has Taxidermy lettered on top. That day I thought storing my Self was a pretty good idea, especially if I could get it stuffed and permanently out of the way. And right up the hill is the Redemption Center for those Maine bottles we have to deposit money for. I though redeeming myself was a good idea, too.

A few days ago I read a reflective piece on the Bible story of the woman at the well – a redemption story for sure. And the next thing I knew, my brain put it all together and a pantoum was born! Grace at work!

3 comments:

  1. Hi.

    I saw a sign in or near Phippsburg, Maine a few years ago that I loved. Not profound perhaps, but telling. It read:

    "Wrong Way! Go Back! This is not the way to Hermit Island!"

    I beg to differ. ;)

    I don't know if it's still there or not. I ddn't have a camera with me at the time, and I can't remember where it was located exactly.

    I'm from, Rockland, btw. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The process is an elegant mystery at times, isn't it? It takes a degree of faith to let it all find a way to come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Joyce!
    I've finally caught up on your past posts. (If I'd read them sooner, I'd have learned about Japan...) Your process inspires me.

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome.