Thursday, February 13, 2020

Valentine Encouragement


Happy Valentine's Day to the Poetry Friday Community. Thank you for the love and encouragement you share with each post. The kind words offered by so many are true gifts that uplift and spur us to keep writing. Hop around to all the poems offered today by visiting Linda at Teacher Dance! Thanks for hosting, Linda.

We have two grandchildren new to college this year, in Connecticut and Virginia, and while I wanted to continue giving them valentine goodies, I also wanted to encourage them in this new phase of their lives.


            Deep Brain, flex

            risk unlimited vision

            reach around the globe

            now what?






So I turned to the seed catalog and my word pool - remember that wonderful idea from poemcrazy by Susan Goldsmith Wooldridge? I love re-reading that book.

These found poems went into their boxes of chocolate chip cookies and favorite candy bars. Just so they'll remember I'm cheering for them.




Out on the rocky horizon

your path, a map

hatching endless possibilities

No worries!

11 comments:

  1. What wonderful V-Day gifts -- I'm sure your found poems will be the highlights of their day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Joyce! Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Special gifts for sending them your love, Joyce. I didn't do as much, but do want my grandson who's also in his first year of college to know that I'm thinking of him every day! Yes to Poem Crazy! And Happy Valentine's Day to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful, Joyce! I'm sure they were appreciated. Yes, I still pull out my copy of Poem Crazy every once in a while. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your grandkids are so lucky to have you cheering them on so... I love the found poems. Thanks for this, and happy V Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful idea, I'll bet your grandkids loved their packages and poems!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun to get cookies AND poetry for Valentine's Day from grandma. Both of your found poems show your confidence in these young people. Your post is reminding me to pull Poemcrazy off the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cookies, candy and poetry!? That's the perfect Valentine trifecta!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rallying poem gifts– I'm sure they are enjoying them–and I like "PoemCrazy" too, thanks Joyce!

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome.